We want to present you the new surprise…. the Antonus 2600 original size edition. Since long time many users were asking for it, and now the moment arrived. Here is an original scale replica of the ARP 2600, grey face version. This is the first announce, we are preparing the related page at the web with sound and video samples. Meanwhile is possible to know how will be:
Worked and shaped with more detailed cabinet using the same wood cuts and original metal hardware. Handmade like the original, the sensation and feeling is a true experience if you know how the classic unit is. Also this Original Size version includes exclusive knobs, shaped from the original ARP 2600 knobs but with special window that allow the pass of light. The user can adjust the light level for use like the classic non illuminated ARP2600 or enjoy with the illuminated slider light of the Antonus version.
Using the same classic thru-hole components, with matched and selected parts for ensure the classic sound and behaviour of the original units. We don’t want to improve or update nothing about this classic essence soul, we love the ARP2600 original personality and want to preserve it. Is a true challenge looking for the parts and the design path for reach it and we want to work in that direction. The commitment is so strong that for this edition we used the same original submodule building technique. The original ARP2600 used submodules as many users may know. We are so sure of the close replica work of the circuits that we can use the same technique allowing a retro compatibility between Antonus 2600 OS and the classic ARP 2600. For example you can use original submodules in Antonus 2600 OS, or you can use Antonus 2600 OS submodules in classic ARP2600, if you want or need to repair a classic unit using the Antonus submodules. The submodules can be sold individually for this kind of restoration process.
Today using this classic technology and working techniques implies lot of work and effort compared with the current modern mass production process like SMT devices. We are far from this manufacture process with this instrument, because for this special work this deserves this kind of special dedication, love and of course taking the care for the sound and behaviour of some special components that brings us the famous personality of the classic 2600.
Keeping the instrument as it was designed we added two main features that doesn’t modify the soul and sound. Looking for better integration with current studios and musical setups we added the CV/GATE + MIDI duophonic interface. This interface is the same as the previous Antonus 2600 version, with same features just adding the MIDI Thru port and dedicated midi learn button for easy MIDI channel configuration. More details of the duophonic interface can be found at this link:
This interface is an small daughter board for the instrument and is the only digital part and the only SMT board used, due to the nature of the components of the digital to analog conversion that any MIDI to CV interface implies.
Also we added something demanded for our previous customers, the balanced output interface. Located at the right side and using the XLR/Jack dual connector you can use this lines for connect to the mixers and audio interfaces using balanced lines and also keeps the traditional front panel mini jacks outputs like the original ARP2600. With this you can connect the main outputs using mini jack 3,5mm (non balanced) , Jack 6,3mm (balanced) and XLR connectors (balanced)
With all of this we want to offer this special work, living the manufacture process like the early years, mostly done by hand and done with love with people how loves what they do.
The amount of work and requirements doesn’t allow big production, this means that the production will be limited to 20 units per year.
The customer price will be 4125 euro TAX excluded. Shipping not included. Reserve your unit directly with Antonus or using any Antonus dealer for ensure your unit availability.
A briefing of the features:
– Original Size replica of the classic ARP 2600
– Even more faithful detailed cabinet, with original cuts and metal hardware.
– Grey face panel
– VCF 4012 (transistor ladder) filter version, the classic 70’s sound
– 4027-1 VCO’s
– Long spring reverb version, like early units. Adjusted circuit for keep the classic analog static noise as down as possible.
– New knobs shaped like the original square 2600 knobs but adds the special feature for allow pass of led lights.
– Led light is adjustable using front panel trimmer. User can disable the light and use with the knobs like the original looking.
– Uses Thru hole components, human scale electronic, following the same circuits names and numbers. This unit can be serviceable/modifiable in the future with traditional tools and skills, and also the schematics are compatible between ARP 2600 and Antonus 2600 OS.
– Balanced output circuit with Jack 6,3mm and XLR connectors.
– MIDI CV duophonic interface is the only SMT small board present at the instrument. (for managing MIDI digital data and convert to analog CV + GATE signals)
– Uses traditional linear regulator power supply with proper ground design and proper cable routes for ensure the original behaviour of balance between stability and living-movement feeling of the VCO’s and many other parts, like the original units.
– All Thru-hole IC components uses hi grade turned sockets, the best type. For reliable use during the years and easy diagnose/mod/repair in the future.
– Uses submodule building technique like original, with matched components and thermal coupling when they needed. No need to use epoxy encapsulate, nothing to hidden (also the last original ARP2600 submodules were manufactured with no epoxy). All components can be serviceable/modded, something not possible at the original epoxy modules. The Antonus submodules can be used for repair/replace original ARP2600 submodules problems.